This recipe for play dough cookies from Allrecipes.com is yummy AND fun! The swirls of rainbow color look similar to play dough, but taste MUCH better! This is a project that’s easy for kids of all ages, and an excellent way for them to show off the cooking skills they learned in camp this week. Check out Plum Pudding’s Blog for additional tips and photos! ENJOY!
· 3/4 cup butter, softened
· 3 ounces cream cheese
· 1 cup white sugar
· 1 egg
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· assorted colors of paste food coloring
· 24 lollipop sticks
1. In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir till soft dough forms. Divide dough into fourths. Tint each with a different food color. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Working with half of each color, shape dough into 3/4 inch balls and for each cookie place 1 pink, 1 green, 1 blue and 1 orange ball together to make 1 large ball. Shape into a 12 inch long roll (like a snake), starting at one end, coil roll to make a 2 3/4 inch round cookie. Place cookies 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Carefully insert lollipop sticks into bottoms of cookies.
4. Bake cookies for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container.
How did they turn out? Let us know!