Here at the Museum, we have our own fish aquarium! Right now we have a lot of fish in our tank, all of which are currently unnamed. This is where you come in! We are asking for your help in naming all of our fish. So from the Angel to the Harrys and from the Jaws to the Zoe’s send us your favorite names and you never know, your idea might be chosen for one of our fish.
Here are just a few of our fish to chose from! What should we name them?
Did you know?
– The largest fish is the whale shark, which can reach up to fifty feet in lenght!
– There are some species of fish that can fly? (well, glide at least)
– That fish sleep with their eyes open!
– What do you call a fish with no eyes? – Fsh!
– What is stranger than seeing a Cat Fish? – A Fish Bowl!
– Why are fish so easy to weigh? – Because they have their own scales!
Do you know anymore fish jokes?
Five Minute Fish
This is such a simple craft that you could soon own an entire school of fish!
First: Cut out shapes from colored paper to resemble the fish mouth, tail and fins.
Second: Cut out an eye for your fish.
Third: Decorate the body of your fish.
Do this as many times as you like, decorating them in whichever way you want!
- Make it even easier by simply cutting out a triangle for the fishes mouth and taping it to the other end to create a tail!
While creating this project, we were reminded of some of our favorite fishy tale stories. These include The Rainbow Fish, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and of course Finding Nemo!