Our favorite part of Easter is decorating eggs with beautiful colors! Paint usually leaves a mess, but we found an easier way to decorate your eggs! After you’re finished, you can then make a bunny basket to carry your eggs in.
All you’ll need is:
- White Eggs
- An empty egg carton
First, have an adult hard-boil the eggs and remove them from the hot water with tongs. Dry them off, and set the eggs in the carton or on top of a plastic bottle cap to cool.
Next, use the crayons to color the eggs any way you want. You can remove the wrapper or even shave the crayons to add a sprinkle effect.
The eggs can be slippery from the wax, so be careful when picking them up to decorate the other sides.
Finally, let the eggs sit in the carton for about an hour to fully dry.
Now we need to make an easy basket to hold your eggs in, or any that you find while Easter egg hunting!
- Half gallon milk or juice carton
- Construction paper (pastel colors)
- Glue or double sided tape
- Hole punch
- Pipe cleaners
- Optional: Cotton ball
1. Have an adult cut a panel from the carton (with the spout) and save it to later make a handle. Staple the open spout closed.
3. Use the hole punch in the center of the spout ridge to create a spot where the whiskers go. Place the pipe cleaners in the holes, then glue on the googly eyes.
4. Next, the bunny needs ears. Cut ear shapes from the same color construction paper, then cut smaller ear shapes (pink) to glue on to the middle of the ears. Staple the ears on the top of the base so that they stand up.
5. Finally, create the handle by trimming the cut carton side, covering it with construction paper, and stapling it to the basket!
6. Add the finishing touch of gluing a cotton ball to the tail of the bunny basket.