In the entire world, over 200 species of owls exist! Many unique traits make these beautiful birds so special:
1) They are nocturnal (they become active at night)
2) They can turn their heads around as much as 270 degrees!
3) Owls can blend into their surroundings with the help of the camouflaging colors of their feathers
Use these easy steps to make your own colorful owl!
What You Need:
1) Cardboard Toilet Paper Roll
2) Tissue Paper (6 colors)
4) Glue Stick
How To Make The Owl:
1) Cut a thick strip of any colored tissue paper and glue it around the very top of the toilet paper roll.
2) Cut out thick strips from 3 colors of the tissue paper.
3) Then, fold each strip in half (hamburger style) like the images below.
4) Next, cut the bottom of these strips into an oval shape.
5) Unravel the strips, and you’ve made the feathers for the owl! (Repeat steps 3-5 for 3 colors)
6) Then, starting with the color you wrapped around the top of the roll, glue the first feather strip around the bottom of the toilet paper roll.
7) Alternating colors, repeat step #6. Repeat until you reach the tissue paper wrapped around the top of the toilet paper roll. (Make sure the color of the highest feather strip matches the color of the tissue paper wrapped around the top of the roll)
8) Next, pinch the top of the toilet paper roll in the center and push the two sides together to form the ears.
9) Cut out oval-shaped pieces of tissue paper for the eyes.
10) Then, cut out smaller oval-shaped pieces of tissue paper and glue them inside the larger ovals.
11) Draw the inside of the eyes any way you want to using markers and then glue the eyes on the owl’s face.
10) Then, cut a small triangle out of tissue paper, and glue it in between your owl’s eyes for the beak.
Now you have finished making your very own owl!